Dares/rules/challenges are what can turn a hen do into an amazing night out, and I know how difficult it can be thinking up really good ones. Well not anymore, as I have provided nearly 100 for you to choose from!
These are ones I have come up with myself, and ones I have scoured the internet for over the past few years. There are a lot, so I have broken them down into sections as best as I can. Just choose the ones you like the best.
I would say you need about 15 – 20 dares for a night. The ones I have provided are fun but tame. Feel free to add in more risqué ones if the Hen will appreciate them. (I’m a bit of a prude!)
Also, if you can, think of some personal ones, they really make an impact. Examples I used on my friend’s hen dos include:
- Shazza had to stand on a chair and confess to the whole pub how many times she had been to the National Railway Museum in York (7 if you’re interested).
- El’s hobbies include tennis and rugby so she had to throw and catch a tennis ball 15 times (after she’d had 10 drinks) and also she had to get into a line out with some rugby boys.
- Emilie had to do her Michael Jackson/Britney Spears dance that she is famous for.
- Jane hates birds, so one of her dares/forfeits was to ‘touch a pigeon’.
Suggestions for dares
(*F* = dares that would also make good forfeits, i’ll do a separate blog post on forfeits at some point):
- Have a photo taken with a policeman
- Have your photo taken with a man shorter than you
- Have your photo taken with the tallest person we see
- Have you photo taken with a man with the biggest biceps you can find
- Have you photo taken with someone who looks like the groom
- Have your photo taken with the male equivalent of the spice girls (ginger, sporty, posh, baby & scary)
- Get into the background of at least 3 stranger’s photos (photobomb)
- Have your photo taken with someone old, someone new, someone borrowed & someone blue (blue could be a policeman or someone wearing blue, or a porn star….)
- Have your photo taken with identical twins (or just twins)
- Stand on a table/chair and sing “I’m getting married in the morning, Ding dong the bells are going to chime!” *F*
- Serenade a man *F*
- Make a man serenade you
- Gargle or burp the Wedding March *F*
- Sing in the street until someone gives you money
- Learn a football chant of the local football team
- Take a sip out of everyone’s drink as soon as they put it down (so you never stop drinking!). Don’t stop until one of the drinks is finished.
- Have a list of ‘sailor’ drinks she has to knock down throughout the course of the night e.g. rum and coke, Malibu and pineapple, Long Island iced tea
- Order a drink in a foreign accent
- Have a shot of Tequila (it makes you happy)
- Down a pint, or give it a damn good go! *F*
- Approach a stranger returning from the bar with a few drinks, take one and say ‘cheers that’s very kind of you’
- Blag a free drink from the barman
- Make a cocktail behind the bar
- Persuade a stranger to buy you a drink
- Go behind the bar and ring the bell for last orders
Dressing up ones:
- Make an accessory or something to wear out of something from every pub (e.g. beer mat bangle, cocktail stick broach, loo roll ribbon etc.).
- Wear all your clothes inside out
- Swap shoes with a man (I had to put on a man’s socks)
- Swap clothes with a friend
- Make a bridal veil from toilet paper and wear it *F*
- Get a man to let you put lipstick on him. Or a whole face of makeup
- Remove your bra without taking your top off
- Wear your bra over your top
- Remove an item of underwear without leaving the room
- Dance on the table
- Do a pole dance around street furniture
- Dance like a Thriller zombie
- Dance the Birdie Song, even if it’s not on, get a stranger to join in with you
- Dance on the bar to the next song
- Do 30 seconds of Irish dancing *F*
Slightly flirty/naughty ones:
- Find a man with the hairiest chest, bring him over to the group and rub your face in his chest hair
- Pinch the waiter’s bum *F*
- Wink at a man and lick your lips
- Remove a strange man’s belt with your teeth
- Use a cheesy chat up line on a stranger
- However old your husband is, that’s how many men’s bums you have to pinch. You could have a notepad and get their names? Maybe buy a bum grabber?
- Wear a swizzle sweet necklace and get a different man to eat each one
- Fit a condom over a bottle using only your mouth
- Whisper something saucy to the youngest barman you can find
- Walk to the next pub backwards (without holding onto anyone) *F*
- Hop on one leg for 30 seconds *F*
- Request Eye of the Tiger then do press ups on stage in a pub/club
- Get a fire-man’s lift from a real fireman
- Pose provocatively on the bonnets of 3 parked cars as we walk from the restaurant to the cocktail bar (bonus points for better cars) (minus points if you get arrested)
- Become a ‘statue’ and stand still for 5 complete minutes in an awkward place in the bar.
- Stand on a table / chair / next to the men’s toilets as a living statue for 90 seconds – the rest of the group should decide what you should imitate
- Get a piggyback off a stranger
- Convince the men that try to hit on the group that the hen is someone famous e.g. from the Pussycat Dolls, Corrie, Big Brother etc.
- Act out a play in a public place (Rome and Juliette?) and get a stranger to play the romantic male lead
- Approach a stranger and pretend you’ve known them for years and reminisce about old time
- If you’re in a significant city, recreate famous scenes from History?
- Don’t say no for an hour
- Recite the alphabet backwards
- Take a bag of rubbish out with you and get the bride to sell it to people. A mouldy potato. An old hat. An empty bottle. She must make up stories about what they are and why people should buy them.
- Find someone with a bigger head than the bride (take a tape measure) (my friend Jane has a very large head)
- Collect 3 pairs of men’s socks in the shortest time possible
- Collect a man’s boxer shorts
- Get an entire male outfit by the end of the night. Have an inflatable doll that you have to dress him by collecting things over the night
- Shopping List: Give the bride a shopping list of items to acquire by the end of the night, or in an allotted time period. This could include: an empty bottle/ a label from a bottle of beer, a bus ticket, a beer mat, a menthol cigarette, an autograph from a stranger/bartender, a slice of lemon, a business card, a bra, a hair band, a pair of tights, a straw, pub flyer, bus ticket, get a phrase translated into Spanish, LEARN a Spanish phrase, signature from a bartender, a £2 coin, a matchbook … etc.
- Obtain a condom, but not from a machine
- Get an autograph from a man somewhere on your torso
- Get a business card for someone with same name as the groom (and all the ushers?)
- Get the phone number of a man whose name begins with a vowel
- Touch a pigeon *F*
- Next time you go to the toilet, use the mens *F*
- Get asked for ID
- Ask a random bloke to marry you
- Get something worth £5 or over for free
- Speak in a foreign accent all night
- Get a group of unknown men to chant your name
- Have a sign with I Love ‘INSERT GROOMS NAME’ on it and have photos taken with men with the same name
- Find a married couple and ask them for sexual advice. The more embarrassing the better
- If we spot a celebrity, you have to speak to them
- Have 3 men write you a note saying why you should marry them instead
- Make up a random nickname for yourself and tell a stranger how you got it
- Tell us an embarrassing secret