On my mate Kate’s Hen do in early August, I thought it would be fun to set all the Hens secret missions. They all had to complete them at some point on the first night (although one secret mission had all weekend).
There were some hilarious results, so please feel free to steal these and use them on one of your hen dos. Also, let me know in the comments section if you have any other good ones.
Here they all are:
- Take a selfie with everyone individually! Be overly enthusiastic about it, and pull terrible faces!
- Convince someone you will be naming your daughter James or Andy like Ryan Reynolds or Jack Osbourne. Or Thor if it’s a boy (this was for a 5 months pregnant Hen)
- Accidentally prick at least 3 people with your/a badge pin (a bit of a mean one, but I was running short of ideas)
- Gradually exaggerate your makeup throughout the night (before 10pm). Get darker eyeliner, lipstick all round your mouth, loads of blusher etc.
- Hide all the white wine (without people noticing)
- During an appropriate time take a sip out of everyone’s drink as soon as they put it down. Don’t ask them if you can.
- Guess what everyone’s secret challenges are, come and tell me when you think you might know. (This was for the bride to be)
- Somehow let me know when you are going to attempt it (by asking if I want a drink, and nodding) and then nod at least 30 times in a minute without anyone realising. You can try as many times as you want, but I have to count 30 obvious nods.
- Eat 2 bags of Wotsits in 2 minutes
- Make an outfit out of other peoples clothing (at least 3 other people) without anyone realising. (Top, jacket, trousers etc.)
- Swap your rooms bags with another rooms and act a bit outraged when you ‘discover’ what’s happened!
- Over the course of the evening Break into song 5 times in context to what someone says. If someone says wedding, sing I’m getting married in the morning, if someone says tomorrow, sing the sun’ll come out, tomorrow etc.
- Ask to try on everyone’s shoes. Even if they won’t fit you. Actually try them on.
- Get a celebrity to Tweet us! You have all weekend to see if we get a Tweet.
SECRET MISSION 4: Gradually exaggerate your makeup throughout the evening
SECRET MISSION 10: Make an outfit out of at least 3 other peoples clothes
SECRET MISSION 11: Swap your room’s bags with another rooms
All of the challenges were good, but a couple deserve a special mention:
Secret Mission number 4. This was the best one I think. The photo doesn’t really do it justice, but Clare really piled on the makeup throughout the evening and people were too nice to say anything. Everyone was relieved when it turned out she was just doing it for her secret mission.
Secret Mission 5. I ruined this one. I went into the kitchen and someone told me all the wine had disappeared. Even though I knew it was someone’s secret mission, I’d had a few drinks myself, forgot it had been removed on purpose, and restocked the fridge myself with extra wine we had in the cupboard. It would have been great to see everyone panic for a bit If I hadn’t ruined it.
Secret Mission 9: Eating 2 packets of crsps in 2 minutes sounds easy, but I’d bought the Wotsits in specifically for the challenge, and they were the only 2 bags in the house. My friend Kirsty had this challenge, but my mate Karen was hungry and really wanted the Wotsits so she stole a bag off Kirsty. Kirsty then had to continue eating the first bag, whist trying to wrestle the 2nd bag back off Karen to compete her challenge in the 2 minutes. All whilst not telling Karen why she wouldn’t let her have any Wotsits.
Secret Mission 14: We got a Tweet! Jane Tweeted a video of a game we’d played that I’d seen on Celebrity Juice (The Cornflake Shake as I call it – this will be on a separate post at some point) to Leigh Francis and Holly Willoughby, and Leigh Francis Tweeted back as you can see below.